Help for Pet Owners
- The Animal Support Project – a local group offering support to pet owners in need. Can help with temporary fosters, transportation of pets, food and supplies, and various other needs.
- Help with Veterinary Bills
- Local Food Pantries – please search your county to see if there are any food pantries serving your area that provide pet food
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic at the Animal Protective Foundation
- Re-homing Tips for placing a dog
- Vaccination Clinics – many counties offer low-cost vaccination clinics, we suggest searching by county to find any ones in your area
Renting with a Dog
- Rent.com’s Pet Friendly Rental Search
- RentersGuidetoAlbany.com’s Pet Friendly Rental List
- Renting with your Dog (BadRap.org)
Recognizing and Reporting Animal Cruelty
- Report Animal Cruelty: What you can do to stop animal abuse (HumaneSociety.org)
- Take Action! Report Animal Cruelty (ASPCA.org)
- Talking to Kids About Animal Abuse
- Euthanasia: Making the Decision (HumaneSociety.org)
- The Hardest Decision: Knowing when to say good-by to your dog or cat (Dr. Marty Becker, DVM)
- Pet Bereavement Support Group at the Animal Protective Foundation (AnimalProtective.org)
- Quality of Life Scale for Pets by Alice Villalobos, DVM
- Please contact your area Animal Control Officer, or local police, and report the found animal.
- If the animal has a rabies tag or license, contact the number on the tag to see if owners can be located.
- Please bring the animal to an area vet to be scanned for a microchip.
- If no owner can be located then submit a found pet listing with area shelters and post a found pet notice on CraigsList.org and social media sites.