Help us save more dogs by volunteering
When you fill out our online form, we put you in our volunteer database. Then, when we need a hand, we’ll reach out to you for help. Thanks in advance!
Our volunteers help with:
- Communications – Web site, newsletter, mailings, public relations, communicate with prospective adopters.
- Adoption events – Handle dogs, talk to potential adopters, transporting dogs to and from adoption events.
- Fostering – We desperately need foster homes. If you can foster a dog for a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or longer, it would be a tremendous help.
- Fundraising – Plan and implement Peppertree fundraising activities like our Furry Fun Run, Spaghetti Dinner and various other annual events.
- Transportation – Transport dogs to and from veterinary clinics, kennels, foster and adoptive homes.
Opportunities for those younger than 18
We generally can’t allow individuals younger than 18 to volunteer due to liability concerns and insurance coverage limitations.
However, those between 15 and 18 can help at our adoption events if accompanied by an adult.